"What, like it's hard?" 10/10/13
Title borrowed from Legally Blonde when Elle Woods’ ex, Warner Huntington III, asks her quite incredulously, “You got into Harvard Law?!”
She responds with the title quote. If you haven’t seen the movie, or
even if you have, I recommend watching it (again). It’s excellent.
The past week has been filled with law-school related activities.
Last Friday, I visited Georgetown Law’s campus; I went on a tour of the
campus and attended an information session with the Dean. I was one of
the only people attending not applying for this year, so I felt a little
less panicked about being behind (the college process started freshman
year of high school for me). The campus is beautiful, and they have a
courtroom that is an almost-exact replica of the Supreme Court! Sadly we
didn’t get to go in because there was a case going on, but you know how
giddy I was. The guides said that 90% of cases heard by the Court are
first given in this courtroom for a practice run. I would need that
practice run to make sure I didn’t pass out. The coolness of that aspect
clearly still has not worn off.
Monday I went to a law school fair and signed up for some more campus
tours. I will have sat in on a Con Law II class, a Property class, and a
Torts class before autumn ends. I simply cannot believe I am at this
point in my life. It seems like not so long ago I was stressing about
the SAT, APs, rec letters, college essays, and everything else that goes
along with the undergraduate admission process. Not much has changed,
except now I’m stressing about the LSAT, college
classes, rec letters, my personal statement, and everything else that
goes along with the JD admissions process. I was told by the LSAT prep
companies to minimize the panic, and I am going to try. I’m planning on
taking the June LSAT and studying for it throughout next semester.
According to the Chattanooga flight tracker, my parents should be
landing right about… now. We can’t do as much as we would like given the
shutdown, but we’re going to go to the Newseum. In fact, my mom just
called to tell me they landed. It will be nice to get another visit from
home, the first runner up option to me going home myself. Too bad
Feisty can’t come along too.
No comments:
Post a Comment