As my stream of consciousness was taking its usual circuitous route to categorize all of the tasks I need to accomplish in the next several weeks, I thought to myself, "Hmm. When's the last time I wrote a blog post?" Turns out, over a month ago. Now that's just sad.
March has been another whirlwind. Not in the same way January was, thank goodness; no competition between LSAT prep and actual homework. But in terms of 2nd semester, the 'Ides of March' could easily refer to the fact that so many midterms, papers, and projects are inevitably scheduled as close together as temporally possible. Tackling them is like playing Whack-a-Mole; you conquer one, another pops up on the horizon. That's where I've been these days.
Well except for Spring Break, during which I should have done work but more or less did not. I slept, watched tv, satisfied my Chattanooga food cravings, visited my friends at GPS, and attended my 3rd Terpsichord Spring Concert as an alum. You know, what break should be. That decision did produce some consternation when I got back to campus that Sunday, however. And that more-or-less brings me to now.
As a second semester junior, and given that this is the GAAP Weekend I attended as a senior in high school, I have been thinking more about the inevitable goodbyes coming up. They don't consume all of my mental energy or anything like that (I haven't had much to spare), but as you know, I'm not one to find good in goodbyes. I often cry, which is unfortunate in that those with whom I am parting me remember me with my pink, puffy face. Then I tend to wallow for a few days, needing time to acclimate to my new settings. I always recalibrate, but I forget that minor detail in the moment.
There are so many people I need to thank and spend more time with as I head into the home stretch of my undergraduate career. I was pondering this while attending the College Honors yesterday evening. I would not be where I am without their support, advice, and general friendship. The same is true about many, many non-Georgetown friends. This song/poem by Jennifer Nettles best captures my sentiments:
"Thank You"
Have I ever told you how much it meant
For all your kindness,
I am blessed and I thought that you should know
How much you've helped me grow.
I wanna thank you.
I wanna tell you this,
That you've made me the happiest.
Thank you.
Have I ever shown you all my heart.
For all I owe you, where would I start?
A lifetime to count the ways wouldn't be enough to say
That I thought that you should know
How much you've helped me grow.
And I wanna thank you.
I wanna tell you this,
For all of your selflessness.
Thank you.
I wanna say I love you,
And if we never meet again,
You should know you have changed my life,
Just by being a friend, oh.
Could I ever repay you for all you've done?
Out of all my blessings, you're the greatest one.
And I thought that you should know
How much you've helped me grow.
And I wanna thank you.
I wanna tell you this,
That you've made me the happiest.
Thank you. Thank you.
Ignore the 'if we never meet again' part for now. I'm not graduating just yet. I know at some point, for some people in my life, it will become fate. But I'm not thinking about that right now, because I still have another year on the Hilltop. And 35 days. Ah yes, studying calls...
No comments:
Post a Comment