Sunday, February 9, 2014

Don't Put Dirt on my Grave Just Yet

Well, it sure has been a while since last I wrote. Nearly a month! Given my return, your inference is correct: the February LSAT has come and gone. Huzzah! The real world is such a lovely place. LSAT world, eh. It's a mixed bag.

This past month has been one of ΓΌber-stress. Balancing regular classwork with LSAT prep was comparable to walking a tight rope in Pointe shoes, en Pointe. And it's been pretty lonely to be honest. If I wasn't in class, I was probably studying, taking a prep class, doing prep homework, or sleeping. Not much time for much else. Furthermore, it seemed like life had it out for me the past month. Nothing major, but little annoyances add up when you're already in a whirlwind state. Now I have my Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday evenings back, which is a huge plus. You'd be surprised how productive those hours can be until you no longer have them to finish readings. And, hopefully, life will quit taunting me for at least a little while.

Now that I have survived a full, official LSAT, I can say that the process is not as bad as I was expecting. Maybe it's because I've sat through at least a dozen similar situations, from the PSAT to the SAT to the ACT to AP exams. Not my first choice for how to spend 5 hours of a Saturday, but I could think of worse ways to spend them. As for the test itself: well, I will probably be taking it again in June. But I'm trying to put that out of my mind until scores come back. I can say that the prep helped tremendously. I had 0 idea how to solve logic games and was petrified of them this time last month. Now, while the games and I don't have the most seamless relationship, it has improved. So if I didn't vanquish the LSAT yesterday, my day will come.

Naturally, midterm season starts this week. Ain't no rest for the wicked as I've told some of you. But just like the title of this post says, don't throw dirt on my grave just yet. Now I know I can make it. And I will, come hell, come high water.

No comments:

Post a Comment